Xtreme Media Digital Signage Solution – Server Model
In server model all the communication takes place over intranet of the client. Same components as in the Saas model can be used for server model. Only difference is that instead of XM server, the server software is installed on the client server which is on the client intranet.
What differentiates server model from others?
1. Internet connection is not required as communication is done over intranet.
2. Client server is required on which XM digital signage server is installed.
3. It is a one-time cost
How does the content flows from controlling interface to the screens?
1. Open the Xtreme Media interface from your controlling computer which is on the same intranet as the server and media players.
2. Login using the user name & pwd provided which is decided by the super admin.
3. Changes made by the user his server gets communicated to the respective media player.
4. All communication takes place via intranet.
5. The new content gets downloaded on the player and is pushed to the screen as per the schedule.
Xtreme Media Digital Signage Solution – SaaS Model
Digital signage software is the brain of the Digital Signage System. The software can be divided in to server, player & controller which collectively perform the various tasks of the digital signage software. Basic functions performed by digital signage software are :
What is a controlling interface?
In the Saas Model, the server is Xtreme Media Digital Signage Server Software which is hosted on Xtreme Media Server on the cloud.
What is a Mediaplyer?
Media player is the device which is connected to the screens. You can have one media player connected to each screen or several screens connected to one player (for small offices only). It is similar to a computer device whose main function is to download content from the server and push it on the screens as per the schedule.
Which screen can be used?
Any electronic screen (LED/LCD/Plasma/projector, etc) where the content needs to be displayed can be attached to the XM Player through HDMI/VGA cables.
How does the content flows from controlling interface to the screen/s?
1. Open the Xtreme Media website from any browser via the controlling interface
2. Login using the user name & pwd provided to you and make the required changes
3. Changes made by the user on his account on XM server gets communicated to the respective media player by XM server.
4. All communication takes place via internet
5. The new content gets downloaded on the player and is pushed to the screen as per the schedule
What differentiates SaaS Model from others?
1. Internet connection is required
2. Dedicated server is not required. Client needs to buy server space on Xtreme Media server
3. It is an annual cost
Xtreme Media Digital Signage Solution – Offline Model
1.Offline Model is used mainly when the offline player/screens to which the content needs to be scheduled cannot be connected to the required network (intranet/internet) from where it needs to be controlled from.
2.In such a case the content is scheduled on another online player/computer (located close to the display screen) which can be connected to the required network.
3.Once the required content gets downloaded on this online player, a XM USB is charged with the schedule.
4.The said XM USB is then connected to offline player where all the required schedules are downloaded from the USB and then pushed to the display screen as per the schedules.
What differentiates Offline Model from others?
1. Communication till the offline player can be done over internet/intranet.
2. Offline Model can use the XM server or client server as the case may.
3. It can be an annual cost or one-time cost as per the Saas/server model.
What is an XM USB and how many players can be controlled by one USB?
1. XM USB is any USB which is used to copy the schedules from the online player and paste it on to the offline player.
2.Any no. of different content for any number of offline players can be copied on to a single USB which is then connected to multiple offline players.
3.Each offline player will download only that content which is meant for itself.