Digital Signage Software Solution
We are one of the very few players in the market which offer a complete digital signage solution which includes the display panel, mount, wired and wireless cables and most importantly the customized software as per the application.
Our product line for Digital Signage Software used for dynamic digital media networks in retail, banking, education, entertainment, food service industry, government and other industries for diverse applications such as advertising networks, corporate communications, digital billboards, digital posters, hotel lobby signage and convention center signage.
Xtreme Media Player Hardware
The size of XM DS player is quite compact. But don’t let the look fool you, because this unit is designed to operate 24/7. Just like a PC, DS player is equipped with OS (Windows, Linux or Android), a powerful processor, memory storage, USB slots, ethernet port (for connection from administrator), port for control, and video output to monitor. The video output can be VGA, DVI or even HDMI.
There is also an audio output; 3.5mm jack (for VGA or DVI output type). The Digital Signage Player Software is already embedded in this Digital Signage Player. This software is responsible for recognizing the uploaded contents from administrator and playback into the monitor. It is also possible to upload or edit content directly into DS player via USB. This option is useful when user is unable to upload via network due to network trouble.
The main reason why DS player is small is so that it can be attached just behind the monitor using a Vesa mount. This makes the solution very neat and compact and deployable at any location.
Xtreme Media Player Software
This refers to the software application installed on the PC or a Digital Media Player which is directly connected to the digital display screen. XM Player is connected to XM Server via LAN/ WAN/ Internet and requires a simple wired connection (VGA/HDMI/DVI) to the display screen/s. It takes (downloads) the content, schedule and other real time informationto be displayed from the XM Server. XM Player pushes content on the screens, which is either pre-schedule or even on realtime basis.
Controller is that part of software which ensures the smooth and uninterupted functioning of the XM Player, optimizes display performance and disk space management. It also takes system upgrades from XM server for XM Player and resides on the Digital Media Player along with XM Player.
XM Offline Player
No matter how much we talk about 24/7 uninterupted connectivity it seems like a distant reality. But it should not disrupt your business plans and we at Xtreme Media understand that. So in case of any unexpected LAN/WAN/ Internet connection unavailablity we have an alternative in the form of XM Offline Player.
XM server offers top notch functionality and performance, which helps reduce total cost of ownership and optimizes your budget. When you are ready to move from one to multiple locations, XMserver system provides you with solutions to get you up and running in no time.
XM server performs its role via its different sub-parts namely FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server, sync server, web server (CMS) & database. The major functions performed are file transfer management, pushing content to players, content management (CMS) and database storage & management.
XM server is hosted in a cloud environment and operates as a background service while providing a web interface, XM Manager, for controlling the display network. Any no. of users can simultaneously log in to the XM Manager interface and control their respective screens. User will be able to access and control only those screens for which they have been licensed. Since XM Server software is hosted on the cloud there is no limit on the no of players that can be controlled through this server.
As the part of content management, XM server uploads the media on the server and creates various layouts to be shown on the remote digital screens. This professional-grade tool lets you create content and aggregate data-feeds without programming. It helps ypu create playlists for the layouts to play on the digital screen on a future date. A Playlist is composed of media and templates that will be played in the order you specify.
It is also XM server’s mandate to push the data from server to client. The data is pushed to the display at predefined interval. The data can also be pulled by the players from the server. With the help of FTP transfer of files from server to the client takes place. The data transfer is through a secured medium to prevent any intrusion. The server makes sure that the data transferred is small in size. This is achieved by breaking the data in small size or compressing the data while transferring. This ensures that transfer is faster. Also if the network breaks down the last piece of data transfer is resumed. As a result precious time of re-downloading is saved.
XM server stores scheduling, playback, media, user and reporting information in its database. The system tracks and records any program played. It also does live monitoring & retrieves detailed playback reporting from players. You are kept informed at a glance regarding the status of all players.
Xtreme Media Digital Signage Workflow
Digital signage software is the brain of the Digital Signage System. The software can be divided in to server, player & controller which collectively perform the various tasks of the digital signage software. Basic functions performed by digital signage software are :
1. Design screen layout : How many regions do you want to divide your screen in to? XM DS software enables you to divide your display screen in to any no. of regions of any size.
2. Select background and assign appropriate content : Assign a suitable background colour or image to your layout. Assign any no. of varied media files like images, videos, flash, text, etc to play simultaneously in the different regions of the layout.
3. Set the schedule and duration : All the contents can be schedule based on time of the day, day of the week and so on. User can also setup the playback duration of each contents for each zone. You can setup the playback list for your DSS for the whole week (24/7) and if you had any new contents to be played, all you have to do is just insert/ add and edit the playback schedule.
4. Media Distribution : After the content is schedule via the scheduler, the server and player software synchronize with each other to push/pull the content at each location as soon as it gets the connectivity.
5. Media Playback : All the content gets downloaded on the players and it is played locally on the respective digital screens to which the player is attached. Since this is an automatic system, the user needs to do just turn on the player and it will automatically playback the content based on schedule.
6. Reporting : Detailed reports of what content has played on which display and at what time can be generated. Customized reports as required can be generated as it is an in-house solution.